Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pigs in a Blanket


One of our favorite holiday traditions is hosting an appetizer dinner party on Christmas Eve. We invite everyone from any side of our family. Half of the fun is thinking in the weeks preceding Christmas about all the many appetizers we can make.

This particular appetizer is a favorite with kids. It's also easy enough that our kids can make it. It's probably a stretch to even call it a recipe, but I'll include a recipe for honey mustard dipping sauce just to keep everything on the up and up. Other favorite dipping sauces include barbecue sauce or mandarin sauce. The kids insist that ketchup is also really good with them, but I haven't been able to bring myself to try it.

Pigs in a Blanket
1 package cocktail sausages, such as Little Smokies
2-3 packages pop out crescent rolls

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Open the packages of crescent rolls. Cut each perforated roll into three roughly triangular sections. Wrap a cocktail sausage in each section of roll. Seal it carefully and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and serve them while they're hot!

Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
Mix honey and mustard and serve alongside Pigs in a Blanket

3 comments:

  1. These sound good and easy. I must have a lot in common with your kids. ;-) Please share more appetizer recipes. I am always looking for some new ones to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I shouldn't imply that I don't like these--I consume at least my share. We just have a happy family memory of my little nephew stuffing them into his pockets at the last family party so he could take some home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had these and they are good but as far as names go, they are in the same category with beanie weanies. I ask my Steve how he can bring himself to eat something that sounds so unappealing

    ReplyDelete